The second Sunday in May is Mother's Day.
Mother's day is a special time. It is the day we get to spoil, pamper and lavish our mother with all that we can come up with.
It is a day to enjoy and celebrate all the things that mother has done. It is her day. Make her the queen and you will feel great. She will know that she is loved. That is what Mother's day is all about.
文中的lavish用作动词，意为“慷慨给予，花费”，如：My mother always lavishes us with attention.(妈妈对我们关怀得无微不至。)，也可以用作形容词，意为“豪华的，过度的”，如：She was not used to their lavish mode of living.(她不习惯他们奢侈的生活方式。)
1. "I can't make it," she said. "That's Mother's Day."
2. The explosions took place in shopping centres as crowds of people were shopping for Mothers' Day.
3. Mother's Day is a day set aside to honor motherhood.
4. The second Sunday of May is Mother's Day.
5. Every Mother's Day their kids gather purple bouquets.
6. It is observed in the United States on the second Sunday in May.
7. Since then, every Mother's Day, the family gather bouquets of purple lilacs they planted themselves.
自那时以来, 每年的母亲节, 这一家人都采摘着他们自己种植的束束紫丁香花.
8. Yes. Mother's Day is on the second Sunday in May.
9. No. Tomorrow is Mother's Day.
10. Oscar: Did you take breakfast to your mom on Mother's Day?
奥斯卡: 母亲节那天你给你妈妈端去早餐了 吗 ?
11. We wish you the best of health on this Mother's Day.
12. Howe saw Mother's Day as being dedicated to peace.
荷把“母亲节 ” 当作是对和平的贡献.
Mother's Day Introduction As a thank his mother for Mother's Day holiday, first appeared in ancient Greece, time is the annual January 8, while in the United States, Canada and some other countries, it is every year the second Sunday in May, a number of other countries dates were the same (see below "the world celebrate Mother's Day time is different"). On this day mothers often receive gifts. Overseas, the carnation flower is regarded as dedicated to his mother. In China, mother lily flower flower, also known as Wang Youcao. Liliaceae Hemerocallis Hemerocallis is a perennial herb, fleshy rhizome, leaves long, slender top out orange or orange flowers, very beautiful, it is not only for people watching, called the lily buds, but also as a vegetable for human consumption , in the widely cultivated in South and North
母亲节作为一个感谢母亲的节日，最早出现在古希腊，时间是每年的一月八日，而在美国、加拿大和一些其他国家，则是每年5月的第二个星期天，其他一些国家的日期也并不一样(参见下面“世界各国庆祝母亲节的时间都不尽相同”)母亲节英文ppt素材国庆节。母亲们在这一天通常会收到礼物。 在国外，康乃馨被视为献给母亲的花。 而我国的母亲花是萱草花，又叫忘忧草。 萱草 萱草是百合科多年生草本植物，根茎肉质，叶狭长，细长的枝顶端开出桔红或桔黄色的花，十分艳丽，它不仅供人观赏，花蕾叫金针，也可作蔬菜供人食用，在我国南北方广为栽植。