II.Questions about Sense of Responsibility responsible people
• 1. What kind of people would you like to work with?
• 2. What do you think about people who don’t keep their promises?
• 3. How do you feel about students who are often late for class?
• 4. What kind of people would you like to employ if you were the boss?
Sense of Responsibility (for candidates)
• Whether the younger generation today has a strong sense of responsibility?
• 1. Do adult children have the responsibility to care for their elderly parents? Why or why not?
• 2. Do you think it’s important for students to have a strong responsibility? Reasons?
• 3. Could you suggest some ways to enhance one’s sense of responsibility?
• 4. What could you do with an irresponsible employee?
• 5. During the discussion, why did you say that…?
III. Questions about Social Behavior honesty
• 1. Do you get along with your roommates?
• 2. Do you think people are less honest today than they used to be?
• 3. Do you think it’s always wrong to tell a lie?
• 4. Do you think one should always be ready to help others?
• 5. Some people say interpersonal relationships are becoming more and more complicated. What’s your opinion?
Fighting Dishonesty (for candidates)
• Please comment on the following form of dishonest behavior and give examples to illustrate your point.
• 1. Cheating in exams
• 2. Selling fake commodities
• 3. Taking stimulants, or illegal drugs, for better athletic performance
• 4. Evading or escaping taxes
• The best way to fight dishonesty
• 1. Do you believe in the saying that honesty is the best policy?
• 2. Have you ever been cheated by anybody? If yes, please tell us about it. If not, how did you avoid being cheated?
• 3. Do you believe honesty is important in developing friendships?
• 4. What would you do if your found somebody cheating in exams?
• 5. Do you think people will benefit from being dishonest?
• 6. During the discussion, why did you say that…?
IV. Questions about City development urbanization, city construction
• 1. Can you give examples to illustrate the rapid development of cities in China?
• 2. Which city do you like best? Why?
• 3. Where do you prefer to work, a coastal city or an inland city?
• 4. Why does the government encourage young people to work in the western areas of China?
• 5. Now many people from rural areas are trying to make a living in cities . What do you think about that?
If You Were Mayor of a City (for candidates)
• Please tell us what you would do about the two areas of concern listed on your card if you were mayor of the city.
• 1. Environment Housing
• 2. Employment Public Security
• 3. Education Medical Care
• 4. Welfare for the unemployed Public transportation
• The qualities a mayor should have
• 1. If you were given the job of a mayor, would you accept it?
• 2. What do you think could be the most difficult problem for a mayor?
• 3. What do you think is the best way to solve the problem of unemployment?
• 4. Have you ever thought of doing administration work after graduation?
• 5. What contribution so you think a university student can make to city development?